Quality local healthcare and education choices
Our plan delivers a fairer share of funding to guarantee access to quality healthcare like bulk billing doctors, specialist advice and mental health professionals when you and your family need it.
We want better resourced classrooms where children get a good education that teaches the basics. Combined with local tertiary education and training opportunities that equip people for the workforce. We’re fighting for a local standard of health and education services that is as good or better than any capital city.
And we’re making sure communities have a strong safety net to help get you through tough times or times of trouble.
Delivering real benefits for local people:
- Guaranteed Medicare services for regional communities – local and affordable.
- More doctor training facilities and opportunities to practise in the regions;
- Greater access to bulk-billing services in the regions;
- Making more medicines affordable through the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme;
- Simpler, more affordable private health insurance;
- Better access to mental health facilities and drug related health responses.
- Making sure each regional child is properly equipped with the required level of skills to enter university, TAFE, apprenticeship, training or skilled employment.
- Better resourced classrooms to ensure children get the attention they need to learn the basics – reading, writing & arithmetic.
- More training and apprenticeship opportunities to get a secure, better paid job.