All regional people and local communities deserve modern infrastructure to connect communities, secure water supplies, underpin new industries and jobs and deliver world class internet and mobile phone reception.
With a fair share of funding we are building vibrant regional cities and towns with modern facilities and a better quality of life. This means real benefits for you like:
- Fixing local roads to get you home safer and quicker.
- Building the major regional highways and rail links to connect communities.
- Constructing and extending dams and pipelines to get water where it’s needed for households, industries and jobs.
- Guaranteeing mobile phone coverage and fast speed broadband internet to your home and business.
- And making sure the little things are fixed in your community, like local facilities, sporting amenities and services.
2019 Federal Budget Measures
- $100 billion infrastructure investment for critical road and rail projects to better connect our regions and improve safety.
- $272.2 million through the Regional Growth Fund for local infrastructure projects that will unlock economic opportunities.
- $200 million for Round 4 of the Building Better Regions Fund and $22.7 million for Round 5 of the Stronger Communities Programme.
- $160 million for Rounds 5 and 6 of the Mobile Black Spot Program.
- $60 million for a new Regional Connectivity Program to improve mobile and broadband services across regional and remote Australia.
- Increased funding to the Roads of Strategic Importance initiative to $4.5 billion for key freight corridors.
- An additional $2.2 billion is being invested to improve road safety through a Local and State Government Road Safety Package.
- A new National Faster Rail Agency will be established from 1 July 2019 to oversee the delivery of fast rail business cases.
- $500 million for a new five year Roads to Recovery program to construct and maintain local roads.
- An additional $200 million to fund safety works to reduce crashes and save lives through the Black Spot Program and an additional $100 million for the Bridges Renewal Program.
- $100 million for works at regional airports to provide greater access to safe and efficient air services.
- $3.3 billion to build the water infrastructure of the future through the National Water Infrastructure Development Fund and the National Water Loan Facility.