Rebuilding our economy includes building more roads, rail and bridges.
The Australian Government is investing $110 billion over 10 years on infrastructure.
This 10 year infrastructure investment pipeline is already supporting 100,000 jobs on worksites across the country today.
This includes $15.2 billion in new commitments to infrastructure projects through the 2021-22 Budget, supporting an estimated 30,000 jobs across Australia.
Our 10 year plan includes:
- Major highway and local road upgrades to bust congestion and improve safety for all road users.
- Removing traffic pinch points through ourUrban Congestion Fund.
- Better public transport in our cities including:
- Brisbane Metro, Gold Coast Light Rail and North Coast Rail in Queensland.
- Sydney Metro – Western Sydney Airport in NSW.
- Melbourne Airport Rail Link in Victoria.
- Flinders Link and the Gawler Electrification Project in SA.
- METRONET in Perth.
- Canberra Light Rail in the ACT.
- Fast rail between Geelong and Melbourne and investing in business cases for other corridors including:
- Sydney to Newcastle, Wollongong and Parkes (via Bathurst and Orange).
- Melbourne to Greater Shepparton, Albury Wodonga and Traralgon.
- Brisbane to Moreton Bay, Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast.
- Building Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport.
- Inland Rail, which will provide enormous benefits for farmers and regions by changing the way freight is moved between Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Upgrading key regional road corridors through the Roads of Strategic Importance Initiative. This will upgrade key freight routes, helping agriculture and mining exporters, and providing safer roads for tourists.
- Safer local roads and bridges through the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure, Roads to Recovery, Black Spot, Heavy Vehicle Safety and Productivity, and Bridges Renewal programs.
- Helping connect remote communities through the Regional Airports and Remote Airstrip Upgrades programs.
Our innovative City Deals ensure all levels of government work together, with investment coordinated to benefit taxpayers.
We already have Deals up and running in Western Sydney, Townsville, Launceston, Darwin, Hobart, Geelong, Adelaide and Perth.
We are also working with the Queensland Government on a South-East Queensland City Deal, and with the Victorian Government on City Deals for South-East and North-West Melbourne.
In the regions we have adopted the City Deal framework by establishing Regional Deals in the Barkly Region of the NT, the Hinkler (Bundaberg and Hervey Bay) region in Queensland, and Albury-Wodonga on the New South Wales and Victorian border.
Information current as at August 2021