The Morrison Government will create 1.25 million jobs over the next five years, including 250,000 new jobs for young Australians.
A world-class, modern and flexible vocational education and training (VET) system is crucial to meeting this goal.
We need to ensure:
• Australians develop the skills to succeed in a changing labour market.
• Businesses have access to the skilled workforce they need to grow and prosper.
The Morrison Government’s plan for a stronger economy will:
• Create another 1.25 million jobs over the next five years, including 250,000 new jobs for young Australians.
• Deliver the largest personal income tax relief in a decade, with tax relief of up to $1,080 for single income families earning up to $126,000. For a dual income family that’s up to $2,160 back in families’ pockets in a few weeks’ time.
• Ensure Australians have the skills they need through a new $585 million skills package with more than 80,000 new apprenticeships.This includes doubling the number of new apprentices supported through the Australian Apprentice Wage Subsidy trial, with further investment of around $60 million.
• Establish 10 Industry Training Hubs to better connect local industry and schools in areas of high youth unemployment.
• Expand the Youth Jobs PaTH Program to pilot up to 10 industry-led job pathway programs to better target the training and internship experiences of young people.
• Expand the successful Transition to Work service to allow young people aged 22 to 24 years to also voluntarily access pre-employment services that help prepare them for work.
• Transform our employment services system to help Australians who need extra support to get a job.
• Strengthen small and medium businesses by lowering business tax, improving access to finance and equity, ensuring small business is paid on time by big business and government, and increasing and expanding access to the instant asset write-off.
• Better connect people to jobs, their homes and their communities, and allow businesses to connect to domestic and global export markets through a $100 billion infrastructure plan.
• Ensure the Government lives within its means with disciplined fiscal management without increasing taxes.