Safer regional communities
The Nationals have stood up in government to make sure Australia’s borders are secure and we have a strong defence force so that we can live in a safe and secure nation in these unstable international times.
In regional Australia, we are determined to make sure people also feel safe in their home and their community. We are making a stand against the scourge of illicit drugs and by taking real action to rid regional communities of these threats. We’re also taking practical action to make sure public places are safe for you and your family.
Delivering real benefits for local people:
- Tough measures to crack down on illicit drug dealers;
- Local plans and activities to prevent alcohol and drug misuse in communities;
- Education and support programs to treat addiction and prevent people turning to illicit drugs;
- Implementing practical public safety measures in communities, like more CCTV cameras and public lighting;
- Protecting and supporting women and children through domestic violence programs and driving cultural change.