Keeping Australians safe is a top priority of the Morrison Government.
We have a clear plan to protect Australian families and their communities from criminals and the menace of illicit drugs, child exploitation and other crimes.
Crime today is more organised and sophisticated than ever before, but its effects continue to reach into the hearts of our communities.
That’s why, under the Coalition’s plan to keep our communities safe, we have been tackling organised criminals, targeting their gangs and going after their money.
We are deporting criminals who commit serious crimes and stopping others who try to come here to break the law.
We are also looking after local communities, using criminals’ ill-gotten gains to pay for practical measures, like CCTV, to prevent crime in your local community.
The Liberal and Nationals Government can be trusted to keep communities safe because that’s what we’ve done for the last six years. And because the Morrison Government is committed to strong economic management we will have the means to invest in community safety and security.
We will continue to keep our communities safe by:
• strengthening efforts to counter organised crime, illicit drugs and child exploitation by ensuring our laws are up to the task and our police and intelligence agencies have the resources to do the job;
• enhancing measures to ensure non-citizens convicted of serious crimes have their visas cancelled and are removed from our communities;
• targeting organised criminals peddling drugs and firearms with a commitment of new resources for thehighly-successful National Anti-Gangs Squad;
• helping families and communities affected by drug addiction with further investments in treatment options, particularly in regional areas;
• working with local communities to keep our streets safe and address local crime with more investments in CCTV and other security measures, paid for by the assets of criminals.